"I Want My India Back" 15/8/26

Hello I am Arpit , proud Indian


Today, we celebrate the independence of India. 

We celebrate the freedom that our ancestors fought for, sacrificed for, and dreamed about. 

But today, I want to ask a different question: 

              Are we really living in the India they dreamed of ? 


I want my India back. 

            The India I first knew in nursery rhymes 

            The India that even other civilizations once imagined as a heavenly land

            The India shown in our little textbooks, 

    where people lived together, 

    where every religion had a place, 

    where every language had a voice, 

    where being Indian came before everything else. 


I want the India I read about in history books. 

The India where people stood together against an empire. 

The India that was once described as a land of immense wealth the Sone Ki Chidiya. 

But somewhere along the way, we stopped asking: What can I do for my country? 

And started asking: What can my country do for me? 


Today, we have skyscrapers, technology, highways and billion-dollar companies. 

    And yet, we still fight over religion. 

                   We fight over language. 

                   We fight over caste. 

                   We fight over politics. 

                   We fight over who is more Indian than the other. 


And sometimes, we forget the simplest truth: 

        India does not belong to one religion. 

        India does not belong to one language. 

        India does not belong to one political party. 

        India belongs to all of us. 


I love my country. 

I love its land. 

I love its people. 

I love its diversity. 

I love the smell of its soil after the rain.

I love the chaos, the colours, the festivals, the languages, the food, the music, the stories. 

    I don't hate India 

But yes , I hate corruption. 

               I hate injustice. 

               I hate discrimination. 

               I hate the mentality that says, “Chalta hai.” 

               I hate a system where sometimes connections matter more than competence, money matters more than morality, and power matters more than people. 


And I refuse to confuse my country with its problems. 

Because criticising India does not make me anti-Indian. 

Sometimes, criticism is the deepest form of patriotism. 

A patriot isn't someone who says, “Everything is perfect.” 

A patriot is someone who looks at the flaws of their country and says: 

“This can be better. And I want to make it better.” 

So today, I don't want to say: “Mera Bharat Mahaan hai.” 

I want to say: “Mera Bharat Mahaan ho sakta hai and  "I"  want to be part of making it so.” 


I want an India where a child doesn't need to learn hatred before learning mathematics. 

An India where a poor person's dreams aren't limited by their birth. 

An India where a girl can walk without fear. 

An India where honesty isn't considered stupidity. 

An India where politicians serve the people instead of treating people as votes. 

An India where we don't merely celebrate freedom once a year 

we protect it every day. 

Because our freedom fighters didn't sacrifice their lives so that we could simply wave a flag once a year. 


They gave us a responsibility. 

And that responsibility is now ours. 


So yes I want my India back. 

Not the imaginary India where everything was perfect. 

But the India we keep promising ourselves we can become. 

The India where unity is stronger than hatred, 

truth is stronger than corruption, 

and humanity is stronger than division. 

I love my country. 

And because I love it, 

I refuse to stay silent about what is wrong with it. 


Jai Hind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who I Am

Hi